Martin Audio ASX Ultra-High Performance Active Subwoofer from£POA
The Martin Audio ASX subwoofer is a revolution in ultra-efficient, low frequency sound reproduction, which achieves the highest ever SPL from a single low frequency enclosure housing a single drive unit.
At the heart of the ASX is a unique, patented* 21″ (530mm) transducer/Class D amplifier/DSP combination which provide double the output capability of a conventionally driven loudspeaker driver of the same size.
When incorporated into a Martin Audio Hybrid® horn design, the complete system can deliver an unsurpassed 152dB peak output (measured) from a single enclosure.
Additionally, the adaptive control loop technology of the ASX, maintains linearity up to the maximum output level and power compression is virtually eliminated. The dynamic, low distortion sonic signature of the Martin Audio ASX at full power is a revelation.
Features of the Martin Audio ASX
- Ultra-efficient, with 152dB @ 1m half space maximum output
- Hybrid® large folded horn and ported design, -3dB @ 30Hz
- Single 21″ (530mm)/6″ (150mm) voice coil driver with 2.4″
(60mm) peak-to-peak excursion
- Dedicated Class D amplifier with 8.5kW peak power
- Switched mode power supply with PFC (Power Factor Correction)
and global mains voltage operation
- DSP on board providing delay, EQ and filtering as well as amplifier
and driver excursion limiting
Ideal applications for the ASX
ASX Technical Specifications
Click on the icon to download the Martin Audio ASX product data sheet.