MLA cellular technology is a breakthrough in the way touring loudspeaker systems are arrayed and controlled. In a short time, the flagship Martin Audio MLA has received multiple awards — including the PLASA Gold Award for Innovation, the MusikMesse International Press Award, and the Parnelli Indispensable Technology Award.
Now, Martin Audio MLA Compact™ brings the revolutionary cellular technology behind MLA to a wider range of touring and installed sound applications.
- Numerically optimised, fully-integrated, compact touring sound system
- Cellular array format with built-in amplification, DSP and digital networking
- 5 dedicated Class D amplifier channels per enclosure for individual powering and DSP control of individual cells
- Industry leading DISPLAY2.1 intelligent software interacts with onboard DSP for highly accurate array optimisation Eliminates trial-and-error array preset library approximations
- “Fly-by-wire” software adjusts vertical coverage electronically to cope with changing environmental conditions and last minute changes in rigging height. “Hard-avoid” areas, such as on-stage, ceilings and site perimeter, can be programmed in
- Switched mode power supplies with PFC (Power Factor Correction) and global mains voltage operation
- Three-way design delivers LF/MF/HF peak SPL’s of 135/135/135dB @ 1m from a single, compact enclosure
- Fast, integral flying system for suspension of up to 24 enclosures
- True 100° (-6dB) horizontal constant directivity, mid and high frequency pattern control. Consistent and usable out to 130° (-10dB)
- 65Hz-18kHz ± 3dB full bandwidth frequency response
Benefits of MLA Compact
- Desired house-curve achieved right from power-up
- Automatic, intelligent configuration and optimisation eliminates trial and error in system set-up
- Improved venue-to-venue, gig-to-gig consistency and repeatability
- Artistic changes to balance at the mix position (or elsewhere) translate directly and accurately throughout the audience
- Exceptionally high power density means tighter truck-pack for higher SPL compared to other systems
- “Greener” audio power via PFC (Power Factor Correction)
- Programmable leakage parameter to meet environmental noise constraints
MLA Compact Applications
- Premium touring sound reinforcement for medium-size venues
- Fixed installations in concert halls, theatres, ballrooms and HoW
- Side hang for MLA festival and arena systems
MLA Compact deserves a subwoofer that can match its performance. With an extremely high output level, compact size and advanced DSP-based realisation of directional arrays, the DSX more than meets this challenge.
The DSX features 2 x 18” (450mm)/4” (100m) voice coil, ferrite drivers in reflex-loaded enclosure with four flared ports, carefully designed to improve linear airflow. Each driver is housed in its own separate chamber to move any cabinet resonances out of band. Sonically, the DSX is a perfect balance of low frequency extension and punch.
A flying version, the DSX-F Sub, can be flown alongside or at the top of MLA Compact arrays, as well as being ground stacked. A maximum of 15 DSX-F can be suspended from the MLA flying frame and symmetrical rigging allows flown DSX-F cabinets to face backwards – enabling directional flown as well as directional ground stacked arrays to be configured.
The ground-stack DSX can be upgraded to the DSX–F by the addition of an easy-to-fit accessory kit.
Contact Old Barn Audio on 01892 752246 to buy or hire a Martin Audio MLA Compact.