Old Barn Audio are very proud of the work they do. They receive many glowing testimonials from their clients and this consequently leads to referrals and new work. Yet another new church sound install is now nearly complete. This one is St Barnabas Church in Boughton Under Blean, in the Church of England Diocese of Canterbury.
OBA specified a sound system and offered an option on the speakers that would be installed. Both speaker models are from Martin Audio and they were given the choice of CDD5 or CDD6. The CDD5 model is a little smaller than the CDD6 with the CDD6 being more powerful and offering a wider frequency response so would be better for music.
This proposed wi-fi sound mixer requires a tablet or smart phone to access the controls as there are none on the mixer face. We have installed a number of these in churches and they are proving successful and very easy to use. The beauty of a wi-fi mixer is the software; it allows exceptional sound contouring for the install engineer and a very easy to operate control surface for the everyday user. Also, as there are no surface controls and the default programmes are storeable, it makes the unit completely tamper proof.
The speakers have been mounted on the cross beams within the church and are aimed downwards to the congregation. In black they will be well concealed and ideally placed to offer seamless audio dispersion.
An induction loop system has also installed. The loop system will be directly connected to the sound system so will not work as a stand alone system.
In total Old Barn Audio have installed:
- 1 x 120 sq. metre induction loop amplifier
- 4 x Martin Audio CDD5 speakers in black with black brackets for the Nave
- 1 x Martin Audio CDD5 speaker in black with black bracket for the stage
- 1 x Soundcraft Ui12 wi-fi sound mixer
- 1 x XLS twin channel power amplifier (Nave)
- 1 x amplifier for stage speaker
- 3 x UHF radio system with headset / lapel microphone
- 1 x UHF radio system with hand held microphone
- 1 x wall mounted plug in box for audio / video from laptop / iPod etc.
- 1 x lockable wall mounted cabinet to house all electronics
Audio for sister church
- 1 x UHF radio microphone with lapel fitting
- 1 x 3000 lumen ceiling mounted projector (suspended under joist)
- 1 x ceiling mount for above
- 1 x DVD player
Neil is over in Boughton Under Blean today finishing the job and we are hoping for a nice testimonial from yet another successful church sound install by Old Barn Audio.
If you are struggling to make your congregation hear when they are seated in church, or your sound equipment is very dated and needs a revamp, then please either call on 01892 752246 or get in touch with Old Barn Audio and someone will come back to you as soon as possible. We have many years of experience working with all possible challenges that can occur within a church environment and understand the need for great acoustics as well as effective visibility within the space allowed.
We look forward to hearing from you…