Old Barn Audio were pleased to give new sound to the Shrine of St Augustine church in Ramsgate. Like many churches in the UK, a new system was necessary to improve sound throughout, enabling good hearing for all parishioners.
The existing cabling in the church for the loop and audio system speakers could be retained.
They required 3 x UHF radio microphones and possibly a wired lectern microphone. The mixer / amplifier specified has 6 channels, so there will be at least 2 spare channels for additional inputs (music / microphones etc.)
The existing speakers have been replaced and new electronics supplied. The new re-sited speakers have now been raised from the existing positions and placed to minimise exposed cables and angled to offer the ideal dispersion and coverage for all.
All electronics will reside in the wooden cabinet in the vestry.
The speakers specified are only available in black or white and it is understood a colour suited to the existing stonework is preferred. Accordingly, the cabinets and grilles will be over painted in a more sympathetic beige colour as requested.
The speakers specified will be Martin Audio CDD5TX models which will be smaller yet more powerful and sonically accurate.
In summary, the install comprised of:
- 3 x Martin Audio CDD5TX speakers in white (for the Nave)
- 1 x Martin Audio CDD5TX speaker in white (for the Chancel)
- 1 x AM 100-volt 120 watt 6-channel mixer amplifier
- 1 x 200 sq. metre induction loop amplifier
- 2 x UHF radio systems with lapel microphones
- 1 x UHF radio system with hand held microphone
- 1 x UHF active multi-channel remote aerial for above
- 1 x purpose designed cabled wide pattern lectern microphone
- Re-paint all 4 speakers / grilles above in beige
All Old Barn Audio installations are fully guaranteed for 2 years and are fully insured.