The Martin Audio W8LD is a line array downfill enclosure that connects directly to the bottom of a W8L array and it covers from the front row out to up to 20m when using two W8LD cabinets.
The exceptionally wide 120° horizontal dispersion increases coverage to front row central and off-stage areas, with full pattern control maintained right up to 15kHz. The all-horn design follows the same format as the W8L and continues the extension of the line array at low, mid and high frequencies.
Features of the Martin Audio W8LD
- High performance three-way line array downfill enclosure for use with W8L
- High power – maximum SPL 136dB continuous, 142dB peak (single unit)
- Superior bass impact – all horn design
- Wide bandwidth – 55Hz-18kHz ±3dB (single unit)
- True 120° (-6dB) horizontal mid and HF pattern control
- 20° vertical dispersion
- Smooth transition from W8LD to W8L array
- Fast, integral rigging system, connects directly to W8L
- Viewpoint™ array optimisation software
Ideal applications for the W8LD
- Used at the bottom of W8L arrays in 1’s or 2’s to cover first 20m (two cabinets)
- Low profile sidefill, on top of W8LS
- Premium club installations