The Martin Audio W8LS is a dedicated high performance sub-bass system designed to augment the low frequency output of the W8L in large scale applications, where the sub-bass enclosures must be flown.
The physical dimensions of the Martin Audio W8LS are identical to the W8L and this means it is equipped with the same proprietary rigging system, allowing flown arrays to be constructed rapidly and safely.
It features twin, 1000 watt 18″ (460mm) drive units with magnet structure and suspensions engineered for maximum linear excursion. The drivers have been reflex loaded by ports at either end of the enclosure and the substantial internal bracing is employed to minimise energy absorption by the cabinet walls at the very high pressures generated within the enclosure itself.
Features of the Martin Audio W8LS
- Dual long excursion 18″ (460mm) direct radiator design
- High power – 138dB continuous, 144dB peak (single unit half-space)
- Extended response 32Hz – 180Hz ±3dB
- Useable response to 28Hz (-10dB)
- Compatible with W8L Line Array
- Fast, integral rigging system with variable splay angles
- from 0 to 7.5º to match W8L column curvatures
- Standard W8L grid may be used for flying or ground stacking
Ideal applications for the W8LS
- Dedicated flown sub-bass for W8L Line Array
- Ground stacked sub-bass for W8L Line Array
- Under-stage sub-bass
- Special effects sub-bass