The Martin Audio WLXGS is a high performance subwoofer, featuring Martin Audio’s trademark horn loading expertise.
The WLXGS is a derivative of the WSX, the WLXGS being smaller, lighter and designed to be ground stacked and they possess high output capability with low frequency extension.
A single ultra-long excursion 18″ (460mm)/4″ (100mm) coil driver is front loaded by a hyperbolic horn with low flare rate. The rear of the driver is reflex loaded to extend the LF output to below the natural cut-off point of the horn. This Hybrid™ technique marries the very high efficiency of horn loading with the extended low frequency response of a reflex enclosure.
Features of the Martin Audio WLXGS
- Hybrid™ folded horn/reflex loaded subwoofer system
- Single 18″ (460mm) ultra-long excursion high power bass driver
- Sensitivity 106dB 1W@1M; Maximum SPL 141dB
- Frequency response 35Hz-150Hz ±3dB, -10dB @ 28Hz
- 8 ohm nominal impedance
- Interlocking skids for secure stacking
Ideal applications for the WLXGS
- Dedicated sub-bass for use with W8LC or W8LM
- Ground stacked sub-bass to augment low frequency output
of all Martin Audio Wavefront products
- Fixed Installations