The Martin Audio Merlin digital loudspeaker and network management system is designed to control and drive professional, multi-channel loudspeaker systems from complex, high-end touring systems to distributed installed systems.
Merlin is a digital matrix processor configured as a 4-input/10-output, 1U device with accompanying VU-NET™ software. Any input or group of inputs can be routed to any output and VU-NET provides full control of Merlin via an intuitive graphical user interface running on a wired PC or wireless tablet.
Merlin can form the heart of a networked sound system with control of up to 254 U-NET™ equipped devices using VU-NET control software via a wired or wireless Ethernet connection. For simplicity and flexibility, Merlin can also be controlled directly from the front panel.
Merlin is the perfect front-end for line array systems, providing the full complement of loudspeaker management tools, such as crossover filters, parametric EQ, delay, gain and limiting.
Please call us at Old Barn Audio on 01892 752246 if you have any questions, or would like to buy either a Martin Audio Merlin or any other product from the Electronics Range. Or you may be interested in having a Merlin installed as part of a full sound installation.
Features of the Martin Audio Merlin
- 4 inputs/10 outputs – selectable analogue or AES/EBU
- U-NET control network using a CAT-5 based, fault-tolerant redundant ring
- Proprietary VU-NET software for computer control, via Ethernet.
- Control up to 254 devices in a U-NET audio networked system
- 8 parametric filters on each input and output-peaking, shelving, or vari-Q HPF/LPF
- 6 to 48dB/oct crossover filters on each output
- High quality digital audio: ultra-low noise AD/DA converters with 24–bit resolution/96kHz sample rate. Better than 116dB dynamic range
- Mixed Point™ internal processing uses optimised mix of floating and fixed point processing in the signal path
- Fixed low latency regardless of processing: 2.8ms analogue in to analogue out, 3.47mS AES in to AES out
- Up to 1 second delay from input to output in 2.6µS (<1mm) increments
- Global mains operation
- Front panel interface for stand-alone use
- Analogue line drive capability in excess of 150m. AES3 line drive capability of 100m
Ideal applications for the Merlin
- Live sound reinforcement
- Fixed installations