The Martin Audio WLX is a high performance subwoofer featuring Martin Audio’s trademark horn loading expertise.
The WLX is a derivative of the WSX, the WLX being smaller, lighter and can be flown or ground stacked with W8 line array systems. It also possesses high output capability with low frequency extension.
A single ultra-long excursion 18″ (460mm)/ 4″ (100mm) coil driver is front loaded by a hyperbolic horn with low flare rate. The rear of the driver is reflex loaded to extend the LF output to below the natural cut-off point of the horn. This Hybrid™ technique marries the very high efficiency of horn loading with the extended low frequency response of a reflex enclosure.
Features of the Martin Audio WLX
- Hybrid™ folded horn/reflex loaded subwoofer system
- Single 18″ ultra-long excursion high power bass driver
- Sensitivity 106dB 1W@1M
- Maximum SPL 141dB peak
- Frequency response 35Hz-150Hz ±3dB, -10dB @ 28Hz
- 8 ohm nominal impedance
- Fast, integral rigging system with variable splay angles
Ideal applications for the WLX
- Dedicated flown sub-bass for use above the W8LC or W8LM
- Flown sub-bass for use in adjacent column to W8L Longbow or W8LC
- Ground stacked sub-bass to augment low frequency output of all Martin Audio Wavefront products
- Fixed Installations