The MLA technology represents a new direction in the way loudspeaker arrays are configured and controlled. It was originally invented in order to address the inconsistency in acoustic delivery to audiences that continues to persist even in the latest generation of array systems introduced into the market.
Receiving multiple awards for innovation, the concept now represents a radical departure from conventional technologies such as line array, and it delivers much more consistent sound across the audience.
Providing independent control of up to 144 individual cells in an array, the MLA technology is not constrained by typical 3dB fall-off in SPL, with the doubling of distance associated with line arrays. Instead, with MLA control technology the engineer specifies exactly what SPL and frequency response is required at the front rows, the mix position and the rear balconies – as well as identifying areas where sound is to be avoided – and intelligent software automatically controls the array to produce that result.
MLA provides many advantages over a conventional system. Some of these include:
- Consistency across the coverage area (the sound heard at the mix position is uniform across the entire venue)
- Noise pollution reduction – MLA limits the audio delivery outside of the defined audience area without impacting on audience enjoyment. Environmental noise issues are tackled head on!
- MLA provides power in a smaller package – with freight cost savings and reduction in energy consumption resulting in a low carbon footprint
- MLA offers sonic excellence, transparency and engineer responsiveness
- The elimination of delay speakers in some venues, where standard line array systems would generally require them — leading to the freeing up of more seats in the auditorium (and greater promoter profitability)
- The optimisation technique allows software-driven changes in the acoustic model without the need to drop a sound rig for physical adjustment or change speaker location — it can also lead to an improvement in sight lines
The above considerations apply to just about any application, whether deployed in concert touring, one-off events, festivals or large and medium scale permanent installations in clubs and live venues.
In summary, Martin Audio MLA banishes trial and error set-up forever — there is no more need for educated guesswork MLA employs a precise science that guarantees greater control, consistency, unparalleled acoustic sonic quality — and because the processing and control is already onboard, less trucking space and therefore greater tour profit.
For more information, please contact Old Barn Audio Ltd on 01892 752246.
So in summary, the range of Martin MLA we offer at Old Barn Audio are: