The scalable resolution of the Martin Audio Wavefront Precision WPS offers greatly improved coverage consistency and control. Compared to a standard line array, it provides a flexible pathway to advanced array control.
Martin Audio’s WPS is a passive 3-way system which integrates a high density of drive units in a very compact enclosure. It features 2 x 8” (200mm) LF drivers, 4 x 4” (100mm) midrange drivers and 4 x 1” (25mm) exit HF compression drivers loaded by a moulded HF horn. Occupying the full width of the enclosure. And defining the 100° horizontal constant directivity coverage pattern of both the HF and mid-range sections.
The 4” mid-range drivers are compression-loaded to raise efficiency. They enter the horn walls via annular slots close to the HF throat to sum effectively with the HF wavefront. In the HF section, four 1” exit compression drivers deliver pristine high frequency sound. This is without the harshness and distortion associated with larger format devices.
The 8” LF drivers are set back behind the walls of the HF horn. With a small volume of air in front of each driver increasing the output at the upper end of its operating range. The LF exit apertures are spaced apart horizontally to provide useful LF horizontal pattern control.
For extended low frequency performance, WPS is designed to be partnered with the SXC118 cardioid subwoofer or its flyable variant, the SXCF118.
The WPS is a versatile, state-ot-the-art line array with a peak SPL of 133dB. It has been designed for small-to-medium scale touring and install applications. Applications that require a high output array with reduced weight and footprint. It has exemplary coverage consistency and superb sound performance. The flexibility of WPS makes it an ideal system for live sound reinforcement and installations in theatres, concert halls and Houses of Worship.
Please call us at Old Barn Audio on 01892 752246 oremail your enquiry. If you have any questions or would like to buy a Wavefront Precision WPS for installation in your business premises or any other product from the Wavefront Precision Series.
Features of the WPS :
- Ultra-compact line array
- Scalable resolution for advanced array control
- External, dedicated, multi-channel Class D amplification
- Industry-leading DISPLAY software interacts with DSP for highly-accurate results
- Fast, integral 3-point flying systems for up to 16 enclosures
- Side and rear handles for ease of handling and setting splayangles
- 100° horizontal constant directivity pattern control
Ideal Installations for the Wavefront Precision WPS:
- Touring sound reinforcement for small and medium-size venues
- Fixed installations in concert halls, theatres, ballrooms and HoW
- Sports stadiums, arena installations & corporate AV events