The Martin Audio W8LMDI is a mini, very wide-dispersion vertically arrayable enclosure.
It can be used individually and in small quantities for short to medium throw applications (up to 30 metres) as well as a downfill element for W8LMI systems.
Constant directivity horns are used in the W8LMDI for high and mid frequencies, ensuring consistent on and off axis performance. The high frequency horn generates the correct Wavefront curvature to provide optimum inter-cabinet summation and to seamlessly integrate with W8LMI arrays.
Martin Audio’s revolutionary HiBlade™ device, patent pending, projects the ultra-high frequencies right out to the extremes of the 120° horizontal dispersion pattern. Conventional constant directivity horns are unable to match this performance without making significant compromises to other aspects of the design.
Features of the Martin Audio W8LMDI
- Stand alone vertically arrayable enclosure
- Line array downfill element
- Consistent 120° (-6dB) horizontal mid and HF pattern control
- 20° (-6dB) Vertical dispersion
- Tripod mountable singularly or in pairs
- Amplitude shading switch
- Passive or Bi-Amp format
- Compatible with WMX, WLX, WSX, WS2A & WS218X
Ideal applications for the W8LMDI
- Short to medium throw arrays of 1 to 4 cabinets
- Vertically arrayed downfill for W8LMI systems
- Theatre sound reinforcement
- Fixed installations