The Martin Audio W8LMI is a compact line array enclosure that has been designed to bring line array performance to small and medium scale applications in the fixed installation market.
The W8 LMI features the same acoustic components and construction as the touring W8LM, as well as a custom-designed integral flying system tailored to the needs of a fixed installation environment, such as theatres and indoor venues. The flying hardware of the W8LMI is rated at 7:1 for 12 cabinets and is compatible with the W8LM flying frame and lifting bar.
Following the constant directivity horn design philosophy of the W8L and the W8LC, the Martin Audio W8LMI is a three-way system that combines line array principles with innovative horn loading techniques to produce a next generation, small line array with maximum dynamic impact.
Features of the Martin Audio W8LMI
- Mini, three-way line array element
- Hybrid™ dual 8”(200mm) LF+MF configuration
(-3dB @ 60Hz)
- LF+MF – 100dB @ 1W, 1m (single cabinet)
- Twin 1” (25mm) HF horn – 106dB @ 1W, 1m (single cabinet)
- Consistent 100° (-6dB) horizontal mid and HF pattern control
- Passive or bi-amp operation
- 12 ohm system impedance, up to 4 cabinets on one amplifier channel
- Integral rigging system with variable splay angles
- 7:1 safety factor with arrays of up to 12 cabinets
- Compatible with W8LM flying frame and lifting bar
- Display™ array optimisation software
- Loudspeaker management preset files for a wide variety of configurations
Ideal applications for the W8LMI
- Suited to the requirements of fixed installations