The linear, self-powered Meyer Sound Amie-Sub compact subwoofer offers outstanding sonic characteristics. Such as lean, punchy transients and excellent phase coherence with impressive low-frequencies down to 22 Hz in a compact cabinet. The Amie-Sub was specifically designed to be the perfect companion for Amie studio monitors. Creating a complete system by extending the system frequency response down to the lower limit of the audible range with easy integration in multi-channel configurations.
In addition, due its performance and versatility, the Amie-Sub is equally suited to complement other Meyer Sound loudspeakers, such as HMS-5, HMS-10, HMS-12, and HMS-15 in immersive surround applications or across other more general applications with UltraSeries loudspeakers.
The Amie-Sub has an operating frequency range of 22–160 Hz and a linear peak SPL of 124.5 dB with crest factor >11.5 dB, measured in half-space at 4 m and referred to 1 m using M-noise. The Amie-Sub includes a single 15-inch, low distortion, long-excursion cone driver. The bass reflex cabinet employs optimized port design for high efficiency and low port distortion. Its slanted connector panel facilitates flush-mounting the cabinet against wall surfaces, reducing required installation depth to 19 inches including connectors.
Features of the Meyer Sound Amie Sub
- Linear frequency, phase and amplitude response with sonic accuracy at any level with high peak power output and excellent transient reproduction
- Extended low frequency range down to 22 Hz
- Extremely low distortion for exceptional low-frequency clarity
- Optional modules allow seamless integration with Amie precision monitors to create bass-managed stereo systems and immersive systems up to 7.1
- Self-powered design simplifies setup and increases reliability
- Integrates with HMS-5, HMS-10, HMS-12 and HMS-15 surround loudspeakers in immersive applications
- Integrates with Ultra Series loudspeakers in general applications
- Optional U-bracket allows flexibility of mounting in ceilings
- Small- to medium-sized mixing or editing rooms
- Stereo and immersive mixing for music, film and video post-production
- Broadcast monitoring
- Music, film and video editing
- Fixed installations requiring a compact high-power subwoofer
- Any installation requiring a compact a low-distortion, high-power subwoofer that goes down to 22 Hz.
- High-end playback systems
Old Barn Audio feel very privileged to be working with the American AV giant, Meyer Sound. Are you responsible for achieving an extremely high performance sound system into your venue? If you are looking for a system that includes Meyer Sound studio monitors, or any other products from Meyer Sound, then please get in touch with Old Barn Audio – UK Meyer Sound Dealers. Either by calling us on 01892 752246, by email or via our contact form.Technical Specifications Download the Meyer Sound Amie-Sub product data sheet