The Meyer Sound UPQ-D2 offers a focused beamwidth, which yields precise coverage and minimal interaction with walls and neighboring loudspeakers in arrays. This feature makes it an ideal solution for small to mid-sized venues, houses of worship, theaters, and nightclubs—as either a stand-alone loudspeaker or as part of an array. The Constant-Q horn’s smooth and accurate performance, the result of meticulous research in Meyer Sound’s anechoic chamber, exhibits a remarkably consistent beamwidth in both the
horizontal and vertical planes across a wide frequency range of 1–18 kHz. The UPQ‑D2 horn also delivers uniform attenuation for all frequencies outside the specified beamwidth.
Meyer Sound’s UPQ‑D2 narrow coverage loudspeaker evolves from the UPQ-1P and UPQ-2P product line, now optimized using the advanced amplifier and processing technology that made the LEO® family an award-winning product line.
Meyer Sound’s award-winning UPQ loudspeakers have been core components in both portable and installed systems for more than a decade. Characterised by a high power-to-size ratio; smooth, uniform coverage; and consistent polar response; these two-way, self-powered loudspeakers are available in three coverage patterns to fit any application, from FOH mains in small-to-midscale systems to fills in large systems.
Features of the Meyer Sound UPQ-D2
- Focused symmetrical pattern affords precise coverage and arrayability in horizontal or vertical clusters
- Highly energy efficient amplifier with sophisticated digital signal processing that provides extraordinarily flat amplitude and phase response for tonal accuracy and precise imaging
- Integral stand mount and QuickFly mounting options facilitate rigging
- Constant-Q horn affords uniform response throughout coverage area
- Exceptional size to power ratio provides application flexibility
- Consistent and predictable performance ensures accurate system design
- Theatrical sound reinforcement
- Houses of worship
- Portable and installed audio-visual systems
- Centerfill and sidefill