Ohm’s Cora is a self powered 2 kW, compact dual 8” line array system. It has been designed for medium size projects, boasting extreme SPL and extended low frequency capabilities for its compact design when used with the Cora-Sub flying subwoofer. CORA integrates a 4-point rigging system into both models, making Cora-A a flexible solution for both install and touring alike.
Using high-power Class D amplifiers with integrated DSP, this self-powered cabinet has 4 dedicated amplification channels allowing each component to be directly driven, this removes crossover distortion and increases audio quality. Full FIR filtering adds further detail and definition, this coupled with RMS and Peak limiters ensure the system stays within safe working parameters.
Featuring 2 x 8” proprietary Ohm woofers in a reflex tuned enclosure with dual 4” neodymium planer wave drivers. An SPL of 143dB (peak), or in a concert array of 8 boxes SPL of 156dB (peak). CORA-A’s frequency response is from 75 Hz to 21 kHz. This can be extended down to 29Hz when used with Cora-S subwoofer. An exposed phase plug design provides a smooth linear response and dispersion free of lobes over the entire frequency range. The waveguide generates a symmetrical horizontal dispersion of 100° x 12° vertical.
Made of high-grade Baltic birch plywood coated in tough Polyurea ensures mechanical and acoustical integrity. A fully integrated 4-point rigging system designed with various angles of up to 12° per cabinet, which ensure a perfect acoustic coupling between multiple cabinets forming an array. The Cora array frame is a single and multi-point flying frame which is perfect for ground stacking or flying CORA-A, CORA-S and self-powered versions. The same hardware can be used when ground-stacking CORA-A on TRS-118/218.
Each CORA-A is a lightweight 22.4 Kg reducing transportation and rigging weight. With a system hang of 9 Cora flying on a Cora-array frame weighs 222 Kg. which is far below most maximum load points from small portable stages and theatres. Each Cora Array frame C-AF weighs 27.23 Kg.
The robust enclosure has a unique exposed phase plug design front, hardwearing Polyurea paint finish and two butterfly handles on each side. The rear connection plate has an input (female XLR), a link (male XLR) connector and a powerCON® True1 connector input and link fitted as standard.
Please call us at Old Barn Audio on 01892 752246 if you have any questions or would like to buy or have installed the OHM Cora Active or indeed any other product from the OHM Range.
Features of OHM Cora Active
- Medium throw, full range line array component
- Touring grade cabinet
- Tough Polyurea coating
- Dual layer thermal relief driver technology
- Phase-plug controlled LF driver with Integrated HF waveguide
- Advanced active dispersion gives 100° x 12° coverage
- Unique port design gives excellent dynamics without side-lobing
- Easy ground-stacking of up to 6 cabinets per frame
- Fly up to 12 cabinets per frame.
- Integrated Class D Power module
- World-wide voltage compatibility
- Full FIR-filtered DSP with linear phase outputs
- Fully integrated Look-Ahead and RMS limiters
- Full input and output protection modes
- 32 bit floating-point signal processing
- Analog Devices Sharc processor
- Wide dynamic range 128dB(A) input converter