Ohm TRS-218A is a dual 18” active subwoofer designed for large venues or outdoor events.
An internal DSP controls 2 x 1kW amplifiers which directly drive each driver. This simple but powerful wiring scheme delivers maximum power bandwidth and up to 30 amps of current per driver. This equates to very powerful and accurate cone control which shows as tight, fast, accurate bass all the way down to 29 Hz.
A complex, multi-layered protection system looks for DC, RF and high temperature conditions while active gain reduction keeps the system running despite harsh signal conditions. Intelligent active cooling reduces ambient background noise when these cabinets are being used in low noise surroundings and removes the hassle of cleaning intake filters.
Using two 18” cast aluminium chassis drivers, coupled with a hybrid horn/reflex design. This cabinet has a frequency response of 29 Hz to 110 Hz (-10 dB) at an astounding 141 dB SPL (peak).
The robust enclosure is road-read with a front grill made from 1.5mm powder-coated & rust resistant, Zintech steel with internal acoustic foam. Externally, a hard wearing Polyurea paint finish ensure water resistance and keeps it looking good for years to come.
Integrated rubber feet are located on underside of the enclosure for securing in multiple ground stack positions on additional TRS-218/A subwoofers. Cups are countersunk into the top of the enclosure to lock in additional TRS-218/A, TRS 212/A.
The rear aluminium connection plate has balanced XLR input with a parallel link output for easy daisy-chaining to other cabinets. Mains connection is via powerCON True1 socket with link output for another powered cabinet (maximum 3 cabinets connected via the same 16A cable run).
Please call us at Old Barn Audio on 01892 752246 if you have any questions or would like to buy or have installed OHM TRS-218A speakers or indeed any other product from the OHM Range.
Features of OHM TRS-218A Speakers
- Rebated Baltic Birch Plywood construction
- Tough Polyurea coating
- Reticulated weatherproof foam covered powder-coated Zintec steel grills
- Dual layer thermal relief driver technology
- Aerospace grade 7075-T6511 aluminium flying points
- TRS Interlocking stacking system
- Heavy duty recessed steel handles
- Touring grade cabinets
- Integrated Class D Power module
- World-wide voltage compatibility
- Fully integrated Look-Ahead and RMS limiters
- Full input and output protection modes
- 32 bit floating-point signal processing
- Analog Devices Sharc processor
- Wide dynamic range 128dB(A) input converter
- Genuine Neutrik® Signal and Power connectors