Glenthorne School in Sutton have just committed to a new sound system for their secondary school and sixth form. They first contacted Old Barn Audio via a Google search to make their enquiry. Coincidentally, we were working at the Sutton Christian Centre on another installation, so offered them a demonstration. The school could hear the quality of the systems we install at OBA and accepted our quotation, based on this.
The sound installation consists of:
- 6 x Martin Audio CDD12 speakers in black
- 6 x CDD12 Yokes in black – speakers mounted in landscape and fixed to ceiling
- 2 x Martin Audio CSX118 sub woofers in black
- 1 x Martin Audio DX0.5 digital system controller
- 1 x Powersoft M28Q – 4 channel digital amplifier
- 1 x Crown XLS2002 – 2 channel digital amplifier
- 1 x Crown XLS2502 – 2 channel digital power amplifier
The necessary space is multi-purpose, with the most demanding application for audio being dance classes, school plays and a rock school featuring live bands. The acoustic is moderately ambient with reflective walls, ceiling and a hardwood floor.
The school therefore wanted us to confirm that the sound system would be capable of all the following:
- Rock band/ Jazz performance/rehearsal – both on the stage and in front of the stage
- Modern Foreign Language Listening Exams
- School productions with the use of radio mics, potentially in all areas of the hall
- Dance shows with CD playback
- Assemblies and presentations
Martin Audio speaker systems are guaranteed for 5-years when installed by us. We are approved installers of Martin Audio equipment and have undertaken many school sound installation projects as this.
If you run a school and are in charge of delivering exceptional sound quality, with a system that can give you the capability for your needs, then please get in touch. Either by calling 01892 752246, contacting us by email or our contact form and someone will be in touch.