Old Barn Audio work for a lot of churches. We are very proud of the work we do and churches are a large part of the business. In one week we have had two new church sound systems confirmed. This first one is ideal for Old Barn Audio as it is a new sound system for the largest Parish Church in Kent
With the church being of huge capacity, there are many sections to this new church sound system. As you can see by the varied places for installation:
- 4 x Martin Audio CDD8 speakers in white (Nave)
- 2 x Martin Audio CDD6 speakers in white (Nave side aisles)
- 2 x Martin Audio CDD5 speakers in white (chancel)
- 2 x Martin Audio CDD6 speakers in white (South transept)
- 1 x Martin Audio CDD6 speaker in white (North transept)
- 1 x Martin Audio CDD5 speaker in white (choir vestry)
- 2 x Martin Audio Blackline X8 speakers in black (chancel cross)
- 2 x 10 metre speaker cables with NL4 connectors for above
- 3 x Crown XLS power amplifiers for 6 zones
- 1 x Mackie DL1608 wi-fi audio mixer
- 1 x 300 Mps wi-fi router for above
- 1 x Apple iPad (at cost)
- 2 x UHF radio systems with hand held microphones
- 2 x UHF radio systems with headset microphones
- 4 x remote paddle booster aerials for above
- 1 x Lectern microphone
- 1 x Oak backboard for above
- 1 x Pulpit microphone
- 2 x SM57 instrument microphones
- 3 x Microphone / line plug in boxes
- 2 x NL4 plug in points for Blackline X8 (1 each side of chancel steps)
- 1 x Multi-media player (CD / MP3 / USB)
- 1 x IR extender (magic eye) for above
- 1 x NUVO wi-fi music player
- 1 x 8 channel analogue audio mixer (South transept)
- 1 x Stereo wireless link for above (transmit / receive)
- 2 x 10 metre 8 input stage box plus cable on reel for musicians
- 1 x volume control for choir vestry speaker
Six speakers will be required to adequately cover the nave seating with an even and linear audio dispersion at a comfortable volume for all. The church will be split into 4 zones – Nave left / Nave right / Chancel / South and North transept. Each zone will have its own amplifier channel so the zone volumes will be separately controllable.
The loop system will have a dedicated feed which once calibrated will not be affected by any changes made by an operator using the tablet. The loop system will be extended to cover all seating in the Nave and encompass the Chancel. The 2 added Chancel Cross speakers will have fittings in the base to accept a standard speaker tripod pole.
The added IR extender (magic eye) will be fitted above the sound system cabinet and point towards a place of their choosing in the Chancel. Within an 8 metre range the CD player / MP3 player can then be operated via its own remote control – play, pause and stop functions etc. will all operate.
Positioning speakers to cover the centre and rear Nave could be awkward and options are limited. The obvious place is on the stone columns but the cable supply would be awkward and visible. The installation of 4 x 37mm underground cable ducts linking the existing heating grilles to the stone columns carrying the 4 x CDD8 speakers will therefore be undertaken by the church prior to the audio installation.
It is preferred that the speakers be of sufficient quality to handle monthly family services incorporating the modern worship band using guitars, keyboards and vocals.