The Martin Audio WMX is a compact, high performance flown or ground stacked subwoofer featuring Martin Audio’s trademark Hybrid™ loading.
The WMX is primarily intended for use with the W8LM or W8LMD, as it shares the same cabinet width and is directly compatible with the W8LM and all it’s flying hardware.
A single long-excursion 18″ (460mm)/ 4″ (100mm) coil driver is front loaded by a hyperbolic horn with an ultra-low flare rate. The rear of the driver is reflex loaded to extend the LF output to below the natural cut-off point of the horn. This Hybrid™ technique marries the very high efficiency of horn loading with the extended low frequency response of a reflex enclosure.
Features of the Martin Audio WMX
- Very high output compact Hybrid™ folded horn/reflex loaded
- Single 18″ (460mm) ultra-long excursion high power drive unit
- Frequency response 35Hz-150Hz ± 3dB (-10dB @ 28Hz)
- Fast integral rigging system
- Compatible with W8LM and W8LMD line array elements
- Can be ground stacked or flown
- Socket for pole mounted W8LMD
Ideal applications for the WMX
- Dedicated flown or groundstacked sub for use with W8LM and W8LMD
- Ground stacked sub with any Martin Audio Wavefront products
- Fixed installations
- Live sound reinforcement
- Corporate events
- Theatre sound reinforcement